Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What I Want -vs- What I Got: Another Post About Shoes

Ok, ok, so I have a thing about shoes. I know. I spent 10 years selling everything from Birkenstocks to cowboy boots; what can I say?

I love beautiful leather shoes, especially if they're a bit "retro." So when Sofft came out with this pump, I drooled. I can just see me doing the Lindy in these, or zydeco dancing in some hot little red dress.


I love them, but I can't wear them. I may have a shoe problem, but I also have back problems. Even a slight heel kills me now. I have to accept this. I must grow up and take responsibility for my back; it's the only one I'll ever have. So what did I just order online?


These are not the same thing. Clearly not. But they were amazingly comfortable when I tried them on. Sigh. I swore I'd never own Earth shoes.

My inner dance diva is weeping a lament for the red shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by for a chat!