Sunday, February 1, 2009

Bitten by the Knitting Bug

Heaven help me, I've been bitten by the bug and have started looking at yarn and patterns, even though my hand can't really handle much knitting. There's so much beautiful yarn and so many great patterns out there right now; knitting is in vogue again, so it's time to take advantage of that!

I found the Knitting Daily Online Store, Interweave Press' online store. Now I'm in trouble. Here's just few of the patterns I'm drooling over. The one below is called "Bi-color Brioche" and the pattern is by Nancy Marchant. It says it's for experienced knitters, so that leaves me out... I don't even know what they mean by "brioche" as a knitting term!

People who know me know I have a thing about vintage clothing. Anything from the early 20th century makes me fall into a perfect swoon...I just watched the "Anne of Green Gables" miniseries again and found myself drooling over the World War I fashions. So of course the minute I saw these "Uptown Gaiters" by Mari Lyn Patrick, I had to have them. And the shoes to go with them. And a beautiful suit with a cut-away coat and a pencil skirt..

I'll probably end up sewing some version of the "Butterfly" by Katie Himmelberg, which I think will look awesome with a long skirt underneath, but wouldn't it be nice to have it knit in some beautiful silk or rayon yarn? Sigh. It could take the place of the cut away coat, and go with the gaiters!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy - If you get a chance, check out the Farm Tales blog at www.hitbyafarm.com - She's writing about her recent love of fabric and yarn... The book "Hit by a Farm" is also a really fun book, if you ever get interested in reading it, I've got two copies so would gladly loan you one. Take care, Karen (Chimento)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, Karen! It looks like Catherine is also bitten by the bug, and I love her sense of humor. I'll be reading her blog, for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a chat!