Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Last Night I Dreamt of Nova Scotia

I have these deeply romantic, incredibly impractical dreams about moving to Atlantic Canada and somehow making a living as an artist. It's a nice little dream, and last night I literally dreamt about a house I found for sale in Nova Scotia. (Yes, I actually have looked at real estate there. And it's bleak; lots of houses that have had terrible things done to them.)

Now, I ask you, what's not to love about a house on a working inlet harbor?


And I'm SURE the weather is ALWAYS like this:

Seriously, this house comes with almost NO land, but who needs it when you can put your kayak in, just steps from your door? And the kitchen is a disaster, but since the house is only $49,000 CAD, we could certainly afford to improve it! With a view like this, who CARES about the rest of it?!?

2 comments:

  1. In what part of Nova Scotia is this house? I live in Nova Scotia and love it here! Can't imagine being anywhere else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tal - It's in Little River, south of Digby. Nova Scotia is incredibly beautiful, from what I've seen...we haven't even visited yet, and I've fallen in love with the place. I used to go to Maine in the summer, and I loved being on an island in the northern seas. Sigh. Can an American potter make a living in the Nova Scotian countryside?

    Cheers!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a chat!