Monday, October 5, 2009

Cautiously Optimistic...

that's what we're calling ourselves today. When I walked into Alex's room this morning, his pressure and oxygen settings were "at target" for performing the tracheostomy. We have to wait until Wednesday, when the surgeon is available, since this is considered an elective surgery. We had to do this last time we were ready for a trach and we ended up with pneumonia while we were waiting for the surgeon. Let's hope nothing similar happens this time.

Ok, everybody cross your fingers and hold your breath...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by for a chat!