Sunday, November 22, 2009

Christmas Came Early!

I just wrote a quick post about Thanksgiving a few hours ago, mentioning my gratitude for the love and support of our friends and family during this challenging autumn. While Alex was in the coma, I was consistently the beneficiary of acts of kindness at the hands of friends and strangers alike. I have been constantly amazed at the human capacity for kindness and generosity. The post before my Thanksgiving post was about an online vintage clothing store, Wallflower Vintage, whose collection is amazing.

When I sat down at my computer an hour ago and checked my email, I found that an anonymous benefactor had purchased a gift certificate from this store for me. I feel spoiled, lucky, and beholden to whomever sent me this lovely gift. Thank you, mystery friend. You are very sweet (and very wicked!) to support my vintage addiction. I already had a shopping list, so of course I immediately went online and went shopping. Here's what's coming to me in the mail:


This gingham dress is a little large for me, so I'll be able to take it in and make it fit me just the way I want it. Yay! Custom-fit vintage! I have fond childhood memories of my mom's yellow gingham dress; now I have my own! Yellow was my favorite color as a child, even though they said that blondes shouldn't wear yellow...I never have been good at following those fashion rules!


This lovely brown rayon will fit me immediately and will become an instant layering favorite, destined to be worn ASAP! I used to be all about black, but I'm discovering the virtues of brown. This will be a key piece in my brown wardrobe.

I also purchased a yellow lambswool cardigan, but I forgot to snag its photo before I processed the order, and it's already been taken off the site! I'll take some photos when it arrives.

Thank you to my anonymous gift giver, one of many who have stepped forward during this chapter of our lives. I am a lucky girl. I have a circle of incredible people who love and support me, 2 happy healthy kitties who purr on command, a healthy 12 year old stepdaughter with whom I have a great relationship, and a husband who survived and is thriving in his recovery. I am blessed.

8 comments:

  1. How lovely! An anonymous benefactor is such a glamorous thing to have. And how lovely to hear all the blessings in your life. I'm so glad things are going well for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so wonderful. You do have so much to be thankful for this year - glad to hear your husband is improving. Just fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great! I agree that you do have so much to be thankful for!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should start calling you Pip - this is very Great Expectations. You're going to meet Miss Havisham soon, I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Micki!

    Dana - OMG you're right! Scary! But I'm already married happily and have a disastrous career, so I wonder what Miss H. is trying to accomplish....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, those dresses are amazing! And what truly fabulous marketing for sure. I'm sort of new to blogs, and I've been trying to figure out a way to message you and thank you for including me in your list of "places to shop." It's Thanksgiving! And so I give thanks to you for helping to promote my business, and more importantly, the love of vintage in general. Enjoy your fabulous new frocks! May you and your loved ones thrive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Fab Gab! I love your shop! Hope you have a great holiday season!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a chat!