Wednesday, January 20, 2010

And the Kreativ Blogger Award Goes To:

...Me! Leizel at Crafty as Hell was kind enough to bestow this award upon me. It's my first Blog Award ever! I've just recently started reading Leizel's blog. I'm digging it because: 1.) She does as many different crafts as I do, 2.) She successfully completed the ever-popular Walk-Away Dress, known to vintage seamstresses everywhere as a rite of passage, and 3.) Her by-line is "The Road to Hell is Paved with Over-Ambitious Projects," and boy do I know where she's coming from!

Here are the Kreativ Blogger Award rules:

  1. Copy/paste the Kreativ Blogger Award picture onto your blog
  2. Thank the person who awarded it to you and post a link to her/his blog
  3. Write 7 things about yourself we might not know
  4. Choose 7 other bloggers to award
  5. Link to them
  6. Notify your 7 bloggers of their award

Ok, here we go...

Seven Things You May Not Know About Me:
  1. I am deathly afraid of snakes, even when they're just on the TV.
  2. I spoil my cats. My husband is afraid I'll become a cat lady in my advancing years. I know better.
  3. I wanted to be an architect or a graphic designer, but I didn't have enough confidence in myself when I was choosing a major. I settled for Art History.
  4. I have always loved all shades of yellow and ochre. (Hmm, I don't know why I didn't make my blog graphics and background in those colors. How odd.)
  5. I spend all day doing highly detail-oriented library database work. When I come home, I want projects that give me immediate gratification, but the projects I choose are always too involved for that. Thus, you now know the biggest conundrum in my life: I want perfection, NOW.
  6. I love being on, in, or near large bodies of water. Lake, ocean, river; doesn't matter. I have a sea kayak that doesn't get used nearly often enough. This year, that will change.
  7. If I could live anywhere in the world, I would choose the Pacific Northwest. Or Atlantic Canada. Like I'll ever get to choose...
My Seven Kreativ Blogger Award Nominees:
  1. Amy at Vintage Cookbooks writes some mean reviews of vintage recipes. Her collection of cookbooks is wonderful, and since she a hip, savvy librarian, she gets big props from me! Check out her website, too!
  2. Fab Gabs Vintage - Blog of the proprietress of one of my favorite vintage shops on etsy, this gal rocks the cateye glasses and red matte lipstick look like nobody's business! She's just getting started with the blog, so go visit her and spur her on to blogging greatness!
  3. The Bird Hat, by Solanah. What can I say? If you want to see the most fabulous collection of vintage millinery, this one's for you. The blog title says it all: Birds, fruit, you name it, she's got it on a hat.
  4. The Vintage Fashion Librarian - As an art historian and a member of an academic library's support staff, I gotta say: I'm geeked out over this site. You want to read intellectual analysis of the history of fashion? This is your kind of resource.
  5. Andi B. Goode - Andi's got some serious fashion sense. A gal from Down Under and fellow swing dancer, Andi gives us an inside look (almost every day) at her wardrobe, which is saying a lot: Her closet must be huge!
  6. Millie Motts - Feeding the graphics and fashion junkie in me is Millie Motts' blog. Vintage playing cards? Check. Knitting magazine fashion shots? Check. Random old snapshots? Check. Check it out!
  7. Little Rascal - Maybe it's the nifty graphics, maybe it's her sassy profile pic; I love this girl's style. Rachel's "a rocking Jewish housewife from Sweden with a lot of tattoos." She lives in London, so if you want to know what the vintage scene is like in the Mother Country, stop in and see what Rachel's up to.
Thanks to Leizel for nominating me for my first award! This was fun!

2 comments:

  1. You're quite welcome! Glad to hear you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just realized I never responded to your thoughtfulness! http://milliemotts.blogspot.com/2010/01/thanks-ever-so.html

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a chat!