Sunday, January 3, 2010

Can I Have a Do-Over, Please?

I got none of the things done that I wanted to do over the holidays. My house is still a wreck, I haven't written a single thank-you note* yet, and I haven't sewn anything.

As you may remember, I bought my spanky new sewing machine a few days before my hubby went into the hospital. I took it out of the box and put it on my worktable, thinking that I would finish unpacking it in a day or so. Then my hubby ended up in the hospital for 2 months, almost dying, and once he came home, I became a wound care nurse. So the sewing machine sat.

I had 2 projects cut and ready to sew today, so I went to set up the new machine...and found out that the foot pedal and the power cord are missing. As in: not in the box, not anywhere. This machine was the floor model, so I'm guessing they forgot to put them in the box...

Yes, I did cry. Bitter tears of self-pity. Poor pitiful me.

I was already bummed about not getting all the other things done. I thought, "Well, at least I can sew something and have something to show for myself." But nope, not even that was possible.

So I'm going to pretend that the first 3 days of 2010 didn't happen, and start my year over again, because surely this year has to be better than last year was. Last year was terrible.

Happy New Year. For me, tonight is New Year's Eve. I'm going to spend it watching old "West Wing" episodes and snuggling my kitty while eating mac and cheese. At midnight I'll kiss my hubby and climb into bed, and tomorrow will be a bright and clean day, "with no mistakes in it," as Anne of Green Gables used to say.

Amazing what you can convince yourself of, isn't it?

*to all my wonderful long-distance family members, I got your presents and letters in the mail just fine. Unless I didn't, in which case you'll have to tell me what the mailman lost...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by for a chat!