Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 1 - Clear a Path

OMG, how did it ever get this bad? There really is a very large cutting table in here, honest.

And this is the chaos that lives by my right elbow as I sit at my sewing machine. UGH!


All the bobbin thread ends have tangled together in this bin, and I have even more thread that doesn't fit in this drawer. Clearly this doesn't work.


Now, I have this perfectly wonderful cabinet that used to hold spools of microfilm in the library. It's mostly empty. Gee, maybe this drawer will be big enough?

Time to get more of those little wire drawer bins, and we're all set. Bobbins are going into...GEE, the little plastic cases they come in!!!! I played "cat's cradle" with them tonight and cleaned that up.


It's hard to tell in the pic above, but these drawers have sliders that compress the ribbon spools and hold them in place. No more spools lying flat; now I can see what colors I have at a glance!


Believe it or not, this is better than when I started. Those are 6 baskets full of used clothing slated to be made into handbags, mittens, and hats. I need some more Rubbermaid tubs and some cedar blocks. (And I already have 4 Rubbermaid tubs full of wool sweaters and polar fleece, tucked in the eaves behind these baskets...)




This is the stack of mending and alterations that have been piling up. The funny thing is, most of it is quick work, and I'd get some immediate gratification if I sat down and did some of them...so why haven't I done them, you ask? I just COULDN'T FIND half of them!!! They're getting their own special drawer.

Tomorrow you'll actually be able to see the cutting table. Then I'll actually have a work surface to use while I'm folding and sorting all this STUFF.

One thing at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by for a chat!