Saturday, February 27, 2010

Make Do and Mend: Angora Beret, Scarf, and Mittens

Alex caught me while finishing the mittens to go with this beret and scarf, made from an angora sweater I picked up at the Salvation Army. The buttons are from my grandmother's button box. I put some on the cuffs of the mittens as well. The scarf is made from small rectangular scraps, sewn together. I tried to get as much as I could out of the sweater, but I still ended up with scraps. I'll save them to make flowers, bows and other bits of decoration for other sewing projects. Thank heavens for zip lock bags! I've got lots of them full of those kinds of small scraps.




5 comments:

  1. Looks great. I love the new graphics on your blog. Those little scraps make great flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anna! Coming from you, that's a high compliment! I have SOOOOO many little fabric scraps. I really should sit down and make up a bunch things sometime soon...I should put it on my list...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuuute! Looks so warm and fuzzy!
    BTW...Last night I had one of my anxiety-ridden "waiting tables" dreams that I have every so often, and YOU were sitting in the corner with a group of people. "The Waiter Waiter Percolator" party of 5. I had about 15 other tables going, who were all in various stages of pissedoffedness so I did not get a chance to say hi, and woke up before taking your pizza order. I do apologize.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely in the pics! I enjoyed the post!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Miss Amelina - Thanks, I was definitely going for the cute and fuzzy look! And I feel honored to have been in your dream, even if you *did* neglect to take my order! LOL! ;-)

    @Micki - Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a chat!