Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Life is Beautiful - Beautiful Blogger Award

Lynea over at queenplinker very sweetly gave me a Beautiful Blogger Award! It was a very nice ending to what was a bummer of a day. Lynea's blog is always quite lovely - lots of beautiful things to look at, and she's as busy as a bee, so there's always something fun to read about. Go check out her blog! Thank you, queenplinker!

This award involves sharing 7 things about yourself, and sharing the love with 15 other bloggers. Here we go:

7 Things You May Not Know About Me:

1.) I'm actually a rather shy person, but people never believe me when I say that. I don't know why.


2.) I met my hubby at the Friends of the Library Booksale. I'd love to say that we make a romantic date to go back there every year on the same day, but we never seem to manage it. We're always running an open studio that weekend as part of the local Art Trail.


3.) Our family motto is "Semper Alia Via." or, "There's always another solution."  If at first we don't succeed, we find another way.

4.) I like taking pictures of junk and urban decay. This is an old truck that has been rusting in the same field for at least 20 years.


5.) My beautiful orange tom cat is named "Ferro," after the spell in one of the Harry Potter films where the students turn their pets into tea cups.  "Fer-reverto!" I thought that was appropriate for the cat of a potter... also, "fer" is the latin root for "iron," and he's rusty orange...  Ok, we're nerds.


6.) I used to want to be an architect or an interior designer. Now I want to design fabric. And now that I'm 45, maybe I should get going on it, eh?

7.) My grandfather on my father's side was a commercial artist back in the 30's. He used to paint big billboards and theater marquees. My grandfather on my mother's side could fix anything, and took whatever work he could get during the Depression. He retired from the Pennsylvania Fish Commission and was a Boy Scout leader for years and years.

15 Beautiful Bloggers You Should Check Out:
  1. Tea with the Vintage Baroness  
  2. Gertie's New Blog for Better Sewing
  3. Casey's Elegant Musings
  4. A Day in the Life of a Hat Junkie
  5. Behind the Curtain
  6. Wearing History 
  7. Tea Rose Home 
  8. Bricolage 
  9. Mamie's Musings
  10. Bernice Bobs Her Hair 
  11. SewingSwing 
  12. Quality Time
  13. Happy Loves Rosie 
  14. Tales of a Retro-Modern Housewife 
  15. what-i-found
Make sure to visit these beautiful sites. There are lots of nifty features and eye candy on every one of them!

6 comments:

  1. I love your 7 things!
    I can relate to feeling like I need to get busy being what I want to be when I grow up.lol Don't let our age get us down tho. Julia Childs was in her 40's before learning to cook!
    Have a great day, Lynea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lynea! I keep telling myself, "You're not getting older; you're getting better." Sometimes I even believe it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out! And mid-forties is not to late to start anything...you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome! And keep telling me that, willya? I'm feelin' very old, all of a sudden...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to stop and comment when you said that you are a shy person and people are surprised when you say that. ME, TOO. And that makes me feel shyer, because I realize they don't really know me.

    I just stumbled across your blog and am loving it.

    To start with, the graphics just make me happy.

    I'm going back to play some more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy,
    Thank you so much for including my blog in your list of "beautiful blogs"! I guess I will have to put my thinking cap on and figure out what 7 things I should share about myself. I can relate to several of your items as I too am over 40 and am feeling old and a little out of it sometimes! (like with how these blogger awards work!) We have lots in common - I look forward to perusing your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a chat!