Friday, April 23, 2010

And Now for Something Completely Different...

I talk a lot about shoes here, but here's a post on some shoes that are NOT vintage and NOT vintage-inspired.  They're a very different aesthetic, but I love them just the same.  I have my vintage days and my non-vintage days, and if I could afford these awesome handmade shoes, I'd be wearing them on my non-vintage days.


Don't these just look like a "sabot" that would have been wedged into machinery in France by disgruntled workers?



What a fabulous shoe.  I would change the tie to some kind of ribbon though.


These are perfection.  I'll take a pair in every color.



I love these, even though they would be almost impossible to make fit my skinny heel. I tend to want shoes I can't wear with my wacky feet.



Not wild about this color combo, but I love the lines of this shoe.


I'm not sure how much of what I'm responding to is the color, but I love these.


Guat's "Sticky Bar Shoe"

And I love the "I'm-almost-a-clog-almost-a-platform" quality this shoe has.
Oooh! A pair in every color of the rainbow, please!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know how you always come up with these beautiful shoes... I'd really love those red platforms. But 500$? Oh my. There's no way I'll ever afford them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, I know, Una. I'll never have $500 for a pair of shoes!

    I find them by endless hours of Googling. Luckily my husband and I have our computers next to each other, or we'd never see each other! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your shoe finds!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a chat!