Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Virtual Shopping Spree

I'm still in a pink mood, and I'm thinking about summer, because I KNOW it will eventually come to Upstate NY. So I just spent an hour or so looking at pink shoes and dresses on Etsy.  Here's some of what I found. 

Kitten heeled pumps by Fiancee
These are so many levels of perfection that I don't even know where to start.  And they'd even fit me, which is more amazing.  It's hard to find older vintage shoes in size 8.  Apparently our grandmothers (and mothers) were more dainty.



Sweet 1950's dress from Thrush
Wish this would fit me.  Too small, as are many of the things at Thrush, but this gal and I have similar taste in clothes, so I check every once in a while to see if I can get lucky.



Floral dress from Awakening Ingenue
This dress has a pink vinyl tie belt.  I remember my mom having a pink vinyl (or leather) belt that had a little pink leather (or vinyl) disk hanging from each end. I loved that belt.  I love this dress.  The print is really sweet.  It's funny how many pink and goldy-yellow dresses from the 60's came up in my search.  This is one of the best ones.



Magenta Gabardine 1940's dress from Fab Gabs Vintage
A vintage dress that's actually too big for me!  and I'm crying over it because it is simple perfection. A classic war-era dress with no extra frills, but a great cut and drape.




1930's Rayon Tea Length Dress from Tuppence Ha'Penny
This dress fits an XS/S.  Sigh.  But I can just imagine some pale ladylike gal in hat and gloves, sipping tea with her pinky sticking up.


1950s Garden Party Dress from Deoma's Vintage Boutique
Can I tell you that I actually gasped when I saw this dress?  This is so great.  The color is warm and deep; the collar is a little more sheer than I would have expected, but I think that's what I like about it.



Linen Separates from Past Perfect Vintage
Again, this one elicited a gasp. I can't even say anything more; I'll just let this one speak for itself.



1960s English Shift from Fifi Frockstar
Oh, yeah, sweet and groovy at the same time.  My kinda dress.  Even with my thicker waist, I think I could still carry off this shift.



pretty little world's 1960s day dress
Does this make anyone else think of the scene in the Sound of Music where Julie Andrews dresses everyone in old curtains?  I love it just for that.



1940s cloth and leather pumps from REiNViNTAGE
These are just a *touch* too small for me.  I may have to go into mourning over them.

1 comment:

  1. I love pink too...It would be hard to choose!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a chat!