Monday, June 21, 2010

My Trousseau (for my imaginary honeymoon in France)

My hubby and I never got our honeymoon.  Due to family circumstances beyond our control, instead of going to Tuscany for 2 weeks, we went to Maine for 4 days.  Don't get me wrong; I love Maine, but neither of us has been to Europe, and we both want to go.  It doesn't even have to be Italy; lately I've been wanting to see France.  All of it.  I want to spend at least a week in Paris, then go to the Alps, then to Provence, and then the Riviera.  I figure a month might just barely be enough time...no, better make it 2.

I'm dreaming, seriously dreaming, but shopping is half the fun of planning for a trip, so here's some of the fun! Here's (some of) what I would want to take with me on our Tour de France.  Everything's from Anthropologie, unless otherwise noted.

I would wear this dress at the "Bon Voyage" party, as our steamer leaves the dock:


With these sweet flats:
Andes heel from Mod Cloth
Oo-la-la!  I haven't found the perfect dress for these yet.... but they must be worn in a smoky bistro.

Hmmm, what about this?
The Undercurrent Dress
Oui!

 
I would TOTALLY wear this lovely cream and black robe with the shoes below, for an afternoon at the Louvre, maybe the Tuillieries as well.

Back Rock Spectators
Note the cork sole!  So Mediterranean!


I'll hit the marche in Chamonix with a basket on my arm in this dress.
. "Je voudrais deux pommes et du fromage, s'il vous plait."


 I love this jacket so much, I can't even tell you!

 

 
City Park Espadrilles
But of course, espadrilles channel some of the energy of Southern France... these are heavenly!  Must find the perfect skirt to go with this jacket and espadrille combination....


Voila!  The Lingering Rays Skirt! Parfait!
Just picture me in the middle of a field of lavande, with blue skies overhead.


And for my travels to la plage (the beach), how about these shorts?

I would pair them with a blue and white striped sailor t (as suggested in the photo above) and these shoes:
Encoded Platforms

All of which I would take off to reveal this maillot with the poisson buckle!
Calypso's Calm One Piece

 
And to show my tan to its best advantage when I return home,
 The Susannah Dress

Cassis T-Straps
Bien sur!  How could I not wear these sandals, since one finds cassis in Provence?

How about you? If you could go on the trip of your dreams, what would you take with you?

5 comments:

  1. Being a francophone/phile, I loved this little imaginary (and fashionable) trip. I hope you get to go, France is formidable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci, Lisette! C'est tres formidable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I really recommend France... especially the Mediterranean and Provence. (I'd move there right away if I could.) I've been all over France, but those are my favourites because of the climate, the general atmosphere of tranquillité and the nice, friendly people. Paris is okay and definately worth seeing, but it's not as welcomming and soothing as the southern parts. (It's a big busy city.)

    If you ever get to do your trip, there's a little town in Provence, little north from Valence, called Tain-l'Hermitage. They have the greatest chocolate factory in the world there (Valrhona) and the scent of chocolate hangs in the air all over the place. Just one breath nearly knocked me out... it's amazing. And the chocolates they make are the best I've ever had. ;)

    From that little town towards Grenoble there's also this cute little town called Romans-sur-Isère, surrounded by fruit gardens and beatiful old houses... It's not very exiting place, but for me it's the stereotypic French village with a river in the middle and lots of houseboats. Très charmant! If one continues towards Grenoble there, the scenery becomes just breathtaking... Deep gorges between mountains, the hanging houses of Pont-en-Royans, and all those picturesque small towns...

    I really love the place. It's been almost a mont since I came back from Nice and it's been too long already. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed reading your posts!!! Just now finding my way back into the blog world.

    So happy to see you sewing and using vintage patterns..way to go! Still Haven't ventured there, would have to size everything up, way up.lol
    Love the Antho selection, all of it.

    Take care, Lynea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, thanks for the tips, Una! I'm going to hold onto that info, for sure!

    Queenplinker, it's great to see you back in the blogosphere! Don't worry, honey, I have to size everything up too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a chat!