Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Merry Halloween

Sounds weird, doesn't it?  But I've seen that greeting on vintage Halloween cards.  I've seen "A Joyous Halloween" and "A Joyful Halloween" as well...Apparently Halloween wasn't always the scare-fest that it often is today.

I have a confession to make.  And it's going to make me instantly uncool.

I have never liked Halloween.



Yeah. I know.  I've never gotten the whole spooky thing.
So, while y'all are all dressed up and spooky like this:


Me and my little black cat are all:



Seriously, I realized that when trying to come up with a costume for Halloween, I always wanted to wear vintage clothes, especially from the 40's. Well, now that I wear vintage and vintage-inspired stuff all the time, I don't feel a need to do the costume thing at all!  I worry that this means there's something wrong with me; after all, aren't creative people supposed to appreciate any opportunity to be creative?

Maybe I was scared by a scary clown as a child or something.  After all, I was less than a month old for my very first Halloween.

Whatever *my* problem is, A Merry Halloween to you all.  I'm not going to any parties...I'll be at home with my little black cat on my lap on All Hallows Eve, probably knitting.  Hope you all have a ghoulishly good time, and get lots of good candy!  I look forward to seeing all your costume pictures!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so with you on the not-liking-halloween thing. Ugh. Another bastardized holiday based on greed and sugar.

    That said, Bruce loves halloween, so he will likely be wearing his Harry Potter school robe to the Sherman town halloween bash at the town park on Sunday night. Me, I'll go along, but as myself. Because that is scary enough.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a chat!