Thursday, October 21, 2010

Vintage-Inspired Knitting Patterns!

I was perusing the knitting and sewing magazines in the bookstore this evening, and found out that Debbie Bliss has a new book of knitting patterns called "Land Girl."  The collection is inspired by WWII British knitting patterns, and takes its name from those intrepid women who went into the fields to grow food for the nation when the farmer boys went off to war.

The challenge for vintage knitters is figuring out which contemporary yarn will serve as a substitute for the original yarn, since many yarn companies have come and gone over the years...With this book, you can use today's Royal Yarns and know you've got the right weight and fiber content!

Here's a few of the patterns available.  I'm a novice knitter at best; now I have something to aspire to!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I'm an obsessive crocheter, but patterns like this make me wish I knew how to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, gorgeous! I am in lust with that second one. Unlike the first commentor, I do not wish I could knit, I can . . . I just wish I was skinny enough to wear this (and have it look like this!).

    Thanks for this lovely post. I'm going to take myself to the bookstore this week, spring for a ridiculously expensive coffee, and read the book for free. ;) It combines two of my favorite things: vintage style and knitting. Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a chat!