Sunday, November 21, 2010

Treasure from Trash: Sculptures Made from Vintage Tins, Etc.

I went looking for "retro dog" under "Art" at etsy, and look what I found!   These sculptures combine my love for retro housewares and the clever reuse of materials to create humorous depictions of man's best friend.


Terrier, from madam pickay
That little red collar is just the perfect touch.



"Princess, Robot Dog" by Heavy Metal Milkman
Love the tail made from a spring, shown "in action" in this photo!



Dog Sculptures from reclaim2fame
Dogs on wheels!  Spoons for ears!

These sculptures made me wanna get a pop rivet gun, learn to solder, and start looking at objects on flea market tables differently!

5 comments:

  1. Yay for adorable non-shedding doggies! And their veterinarian bills are non-existent, too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are super-cute. Swoon! I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, I would like to nominate your blog for One Lovely Blog Award. Congratulations! http://superheidiz.blogspot.com/2010/11/awards.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a chat!