Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Came Early!

I'm such a lucky girl. I was innocently cruising Etsy, looking at vintage sewing patterns, when I actually found some in my size...hubby looked over my shoulder after hearing me make happy little sounds and said, "Why don't you get them, as a Christmas present?"

This man "gets" it. He also "gets" it about a girl's need for chocolate. And shoes.  How lucky can a girl get?!

I've been looking for a classic 1930's 2-piece dress pattern in my size for a while...I absolutely love this one.  I found it at Wearing History, and now it's on its way to me!  It's a little large, which is a rare thing, so I'll finally get practice in sizing a pattern down for a change!  LOL.



This next pattern is also from Wearing History, and I'm looking forward to making it up in both a solid color linen and in a pretty cotton print.  Hurray for shirtwaist dresses!



Of course, I have a bunch of other sewing projects awaiting my attention, so these will go into the queue, but it will be fun to take my time and find the perfect fabrics and notions for these two.

If you haven't checked out Lauren's patterns at Wearing History, I highly recommend it.  She sells vintage patterns, repro patterns that she has created, and select pieces of vintage clothing.  Lauren has a great sense of style and a sharp eye.  If you like her shop, you should also check out her blog, where she talks about her latest projects, her influences, articles on fashion history, and sewing tips.

Thanks to Lauren for the latest additions to my pattern collection, and thanks to my sweet hubby, who understands that the way to this girl's heart is through her addiction to vintage patterns!

6 comments:

  1. What a great Christmas Pressie! The first one is really nice - but I have a thing for shirtwaists as well...and it has such a lovely shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm feeling pretty darned lucky. I can't wait to actually have time to sit down and sew these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Casey made the top in the first pattern and I've always wanted to get a copy after seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! I didn't know Casey had made up this pattern! Now I have to go see her version of it! Thanks for the tip, Lisette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have a wonderful husband - lucky you! This a wonderful pattern - will you show it to us after you finish it? (Yes, I realize that could be months from now...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sarsaparilla - Oh, you bet, I'll share pictures. I'll probably do pics of it in process, too. Thanks for understanding about my time issues!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a chat!