Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Fabric Choices

Well, how do you like *them* apples? If I choose, I could do Simplicity 2312 in a very similar set of fabrics to those in the pattern illustration!



This fabric, "Delilah" by Tanya Whelan for Free Spirit Fabrics, has a more dense polka-dot pattern than the original (below). What do you think?  Almost too easy, isn't it?!


Or should I find some pretty little floral and do both the blouse and skirt in the same fabric?  This print (below) from "Dolly Dresses"  might be nice as a "two piece dress".


I also can envision this fabric below from the "Aunt Grace" line for both the blouse and the skirt, plus some dark green bakelite buttons and a belt with a bakelite buckle, instead of the bows.  And maybe some dark green piping?



Bakelite buttons and buckle
available at Victorian Buttons, on Etsy.

 I do enjoy finding the right fabric for a pattern....I keep doing it, without actually *sewing* any of them!  I need to find a seamstress who'll trade her services for graphics work...or photography...or something....

7 comments:

  1. Ohhhh....I like the last option with the dark green bakelite buttons and buckle and the green piping! Though the polka dots would also be very nice! Isn't picking fabric fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Debi here, the green... lovely! Though I am a sucker for dots as well. I'm no use at all... :-) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may just have to do both!! (Eventually...I still have a lot of sewing projects waiting for me!)

    Thanks for chiming in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am such a sucker for green - and those buttons are just perfect!
    I know what you mean about finding someone to sew them - I only started sewing because I couldn't find anyone to sew them for me - and there are patterns that are just begging me to be sewn...sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I thought I was the only one who had that problem! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love that last green print... I was afraid to look at how much those bakelite buttons cost - but $12.00 certainly sounds reasonable enough!

    Hey Nancy, I'm doing a Giveaway right now...thought you might want to take a peek. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Sarsaparilla - Yes, that price is hard to beat....I'm hoping to find this set in my Christmas stocking!!! LOL (My 13 yr old is wondering what to give me, so I'm going to drop a big hint!)

    Thanks for the tip on the giveaway; I'll come right over!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a chat!