Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Teapot Earrings?

Now that we're closing the studio, I'll probably never sit down and make all the teapots I had designed in my head.  And that's ok, really.  I'm alright with that.  But I can't let this chapter of our lives go unacknowledged in my wardrobe; something must be done!!

Until I find the perfect tea-themed fabric with which to make a dress, I'll start with earrings....


Bean Doll has these lovely green ceramic teacup earrings for sale.  There are other colors as well, but these would go nicely with that green outfit idea in my last post, n'est-ce pas?



Crow Star Designs features this pair of teapot and cup earrings, made of acrylic.


And then there's this yellow ceramic doll house tea set that I'm just drooling over:
 I may have to have all the pieces, and make earrings, a pin, a pendant....


These adorable glass lampworked teapot beads are from Canterbury Keepsakes.  Just imagine wearing them with some lovely rose-print day dress!


Oh dear!  Adorable tiny roses!!!

If you're interested in this idea, a search in Etsy for "doll + tea" will help you find lots of tiny teapots and cups...but be sure to check the scale!  I'm thinking I have to have more than one set of teapot jewelry!

2 comments:

  1. Some days I forget that your dreams in clay are so unfulfilled. I'm sorry Nancy. I wish I could do more to keep the studio up and running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ok, baby; I have so many things I want to do, something was going to have to be dropped off the list....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a chat!