Thursday, January 13, 2011

1950s Winter Coat

One of the sweetest things to ever happen to me in the course of writing a blog was when a reader sent me a present. It wasn't a little present; it wasn't some buttons or some cool vintage ephemera... it was a beautiful vintage coat. She said it was just sitting in her closet, and it didn't fit her, and she thought I'd appreciate it. Since this person is a costumer by profession, she appreciates quality, and this coat has it in spades. Sometime I'll do some closeups of the details so you get an idea of just how luxuriously made this coat is. In the meanwhile, enjoy these "fashion shots" hubby and I just tore off in a few minutes tonight!  Thank you to Kay for my favorite piece of vintage clothing ever.  I am enjoying this winter just that much more because of it!




10 comments:

  1. wow, that's a-mazing!!! Your hat is SO adorable, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Baroness! It's a 30s-esque hate, isn't it? Figures you would like it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks gorgeous, how long is it? Somewhere midcalf?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heidi - It's slightly lower than mid-calf on me. Need to get some pictures full length pictures, don't I?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That coat really is lovely. The fabric is super dreamy. MMM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the coat...it is just awesome!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, the length sounds comfy, warm and snug.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how beautiful! What an incredible gift from your friend!

    I love that fabric, and the wide collar. Is it nipped in at the waist? I adore vintage coats too, as you might have guessed!
    - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is VERY nipped in at the waist - so much so that I have to lose weight and/or move the buttons before I'll be able to button it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a chat!