Saturday, January 8, 2011

Weight Loss Incentive: Vintage Wiggle Dress?

2011 is the year I start whittling away the menopausal pounds I have accrued over the last few years.  I hate going to the gym, but hubby and I are going together and that's making it much more fun!  We fell into the bad stress-induced habit of using food as a reward over the last years, and we need to change that.  Don't you think the perfect "reward" for losing weight would be new vintage clothes that will fit my new body?  Tee hee!  This dress caught my eye, and I absolutely love it...

This is a real steal at $75.00, and it's almost my size, or will be by spring.  Now I just need an occasion that calls for a dress like this!

This isn't the right color, but I want a classic open toe pump  or open toe slingback to go with this dress.  Anyone have ideas about the best color?  I thought about bronze or copper, but I'm not sure in general how I feel about metallic leather.  I don't want anything too "busy" because of the embroidery on the dress, but I don't want ho-hum, either.  What do you think would work with this dress?

6 comments:

  1. Frankly, metallic pumps would be AWESOME. Metallics are in fashion right now and pairing a retro styled pair with a vintage dress would be just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! I'm gonna vote for plain shoes, let that dress be the star! If you find some bone/nude/beige ones that suit you, they'll go with just about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is fabulous incentive for losing weight, especially if you're already close to wiggling into it!

    I think your idea of a bronze or copper shoe (very simple design) would be perfect.

    How nice that your hubby wants to join you at the gym - having a weight loss partner makes all the difference in the world. I'll bet you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dress and it is a good motivation to lose weight.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everybody! And guess what....I just checked, and the dress is sold. Sigh. Oh well, that just means I get to have fun looking for another one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a chat!