Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Just Not Feelin' It Lately

Of course, I coulda told you that sooner. I just haven't had anything to say about vintage sewing and fashion lately... or about much of anything else, for that matter.

If you want to know what is keeping me busy lately, first of all I'm working on losing weight, getting my cardio back where it should be, and toning all those flabby bits before summer dress season!  LOL  I've lost 10 pounds so far... at least 15 more to go plus a LOT of toning. I'm not going to bother to sew things until I've lost some more weight and changed shape; I don't have time to sew something, only to have to alter it a few months later!

The OTHER thing that is keeping me busy is four-legged and adorable.  Meet Georgia Rose, an 11-week old labradoodle from Berkshire Hills Labradoodles in Haydenville, MA. She came home this past Saturday and life has changed drastically since then!

She's smart, mischievous, and not yet housetrained.  Yesterday she discovered the kitty litter box and helped herself to a "treat."  Then she learned how to splash until she got every drop of water out of the pet fountain and onto the kitchen floor. She's chasing the cats all over the house (and they are being very patient with her - no claws yet!) and she has no problem making her needs known.  She's feisty, alright!

We're going to be a little busy for a while.....  but I don't mind.  :-)

6 comments:

  1. So, so Cute!! Have fun with your new fur-baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! She is a bundle of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaaaw, congrats with that little one, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute pup! I dote on my two dogs, and am not ashamed to admit it. Snuggling up with a pup is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super-congrats, Nancy! She is beautiful, and such a sweet name. I know you've waited a long time for her, so I'm glad you are making the time to focus on her. Good luck and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everybody! She is already learning some commands: "come," "wait," "house," "outside," and "crate". We're still working on "sit." LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by for a chat!